Pages

Thursday 7 October 2021

Recommendation: Species Podcast


I listen to this podcast almost every day: https://www.mackenmurphy.org/species

Macken Murphy does a fantastic job digging into each animal species and finding the surprising, the curious, the unusual and the impressive characteristics about animals many of us overlook. 

Some of my favorite episodes are:

  • His first episode, the Opossum
  • Kea (a type of parrot)
  • Archerfish (and his argument about fish intelligence)
  • Fruit fly (possibly the most well studied animal on earth)
All of them are good actually, it is difficult to select favorites. This is the podcast that inspired me to begin this blog, so I highly recommend it. 

Coming soon: An article on Great Blue Herons & Bald Eagles, with a fantastic video clip courtesy of my friend and ARMN classmate, Kelly Geer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment