Pages

Wednesday 18 August 2021

Nature Camp in Vesuvius, VA

I loved going to camp as a kid. This year, I am beyond excited to go the adult version in the George Washington National Forest of Virginia this Friday, August 20, 2021 until Tuesday, August 24, 2021. The camp was created by the Virginia Federation of Garden Clubs in 1942 to foster interest in nature and conservation in young people. 

Luckily for me, they have also created a session for adults. https://naturecamp.net/adult-session/

Their website describes it as: 

The five-day session features classroom lectures, field studies and craft projects. Classes are typically one or two hours in duration with most of the time spent outdoors or in hands-on activities. Structure is informal, with questions and input from other instructors and attendees encouraged. Our volunteer instructors include several former campers who are now professionals in the sciences. Field investigations will be complemented by discussions, workshops, and several craft activities.

It looks to be in a beautiful location, which I expect will be home to exciting new and intriguing critters. I will be sure to bring along my field guides so I can report back on what I find. 


I have to thank my good friend and mentor, Arlington Master Naturalist Michelle Nolan for inviting me. Here is a photo from our recent camping trip in Shenandoah River State Park.

I will report on my learnings in the next few posts.



No comments:

Post a Comment